Govt. Denies Family Access to Murdered Daughter’s Corpse -St. Moses Cites Instructions from Justice, Police
MONROVIA – Members of the bereaved Scott and Musu family were on Saturday, March 4, 2023, prevented from seeing the body of their daughter, Charloe Musu at the St. Moses Funeral Home on the Japan Freeway, reportedly based on instructions from the Ministry of Justice and the Liberia National Police.
The family was led to the funeral home by the aunty and uncle of the deceased, Victoria Nimely and Bishop Julius C. Musu, who deposited the body on the evening of Thursday, February 23, 2023, following her gruesome murder by an unknown assailant at the family’s Virginia residence, on the night of Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
The family had gone to view the corpse of their daughter and to also hold consultation with the funeral home as to the way forward towards preliminary funeral requirements and arrangements.
After waiting for a little over fifteen minutes, the head of St. Moses Funeral Home, Mr. Moses H. Ahossouhe, commonly known as St. Moses, informed the family via mobile phone that he was not inclined to grant them access to the body on grounds that he (St. Moses) was under strict instruction from Justice Minister, Frank Musa Dean and Police Inspector General, Patrick Sudue, not to allow anybody access to the corpse without their approval.
Obviously shocked and disappointed, some of the family members broke down in tears as they left the premises of the funeral home.
The family said St. Moses’ response came as a deep surprise because the body was duly turned over to them by the Coroner of Montserrado County on Monday, February 27, 2023, following examination, and since then, there has been no change of the protocol to their knowledge.
They wondered how and why the Ministry of Justice and the police would take control of the corpse as quoted by St. Moses, without any reference to the bereaved family, and with no iota of information from St. Moses who is the depository of the body.
The family has already reported the matter to their team of lawyers for appropriate advice on the way forward.
When contracted the Police Spokesman Moses Carter, he confirmed the report and said the Murdered of Charloe Musu is still under investigation as such she can’t be buried now and at the time the family can’t have access to her body. “If the family wants to see the body they should do it through relevant authorities and not to go at the funeral home to seek access to the body”, Carter told this paper.
The reported denial of the family access to the corpse of Charloe Musu by Saint Moses comes in the wake of the Chairman of the ruling Coalition for Democratic Change (CDC) party Mulbah Morlu demanding an autopsy to verify what really led to the prospective Starz University graduate’s gruesome murder.